Breidden Hills At Nantmawr

desperado

We ran our trial yesterday at Nantmawr catering for 100 riders over 5 routes looking after complete beginners to Alexz & Ross at Youth World level. Yes we are mad but we enjoyed organising it and watching the top boys master our FIM 'Green' route was un believable. Constructive feedback would help us for future events. We have broad shoulders and can take critism (well a little)so long as constructive.

Give us your positive thoughts as well on what you liked so we make sure we keep in / improve on these aspects.

1-nant_start_5thmarch.jpg

Off topic I know, but what happened to Steetley Quarry down the road? Oswestry used to run trials there for years, what a venue that was, it was capable of holding World round sections although I've not ridden at Nantmawr...yet.

Anyway good to see Breidden Hills going from strength to strength as a club and putting on a great trial by the sound of it and attracting over 100 riders on the same day as the Colmore. :chairfall:

highlight of the day was watching bikespace do the drop off on my dads section (11) :chairfall: .... surprized the mountain didnt collapse and bury everyone on the three sections below! only messin' :chairfall: he actually went off there quite smoothly AND had the third best score on that section on our route. fair do's bs! :chairfall:

highlight of the day was watching bikespace do the drop off on my dads section (11)  :chairfall: .... surprized the mountain didnt collapse and bury everyone on the three sections below! only messin'  :chairfall:  he actually went off there quite smoothly AND had the third best score on that section on our route. fair do's bs!  :P

But did you hear the names he was calling me for making him go off it ;):chairfall::chairfall:

Photos and video (including one of the legend that is Bikespace!) online now. Clicky here

Only comment I'd make and, as a non-rider, it's purely based on my observations at other Trials is that the sections were a tad on the long side. This was also commented on by a couple of riders. However, if the majority were happy then sod it!

Photos and video (including one of the legend that is Bikespace!) online now. Clicky here

Only comment I'd make and, as a non-rider, it's purely based on my observations at other Trials is that the sections were a tad on the long side. This was also commented on by a couple of riders. However, if the majority were happy then sod it!

They were a bit long to be fair, mainly on the expert/extreme route. The problem was when you have so much good quality terrain to use you just want to put it in and give the riders value for money :chairfall: