Beginners At Trials Mountain Biking

dantheman

Hi has anyone got any hints and tips for me im really struggling on learning most of the moves and i jus need some hints and tips on getting started  :P  :D  :angry:

Are you into Pushbike Trials or Motorcycle Trials? If you're not into Trials on a bike with an engine then you'd be best to post in our forum dedicated to that subject or seek a site more dedicated to that discipline. This site is 99% dedicated to Motorcycle Trials.

if you have got plenty of money to spend then if you are doing 26 inch wheeled bike trials i would get a planet x bike or an onza or monty and if your doing 20 inch pushbike trials get a onza t-pro or a monty (prefer onza) or get a megamo bike they are all very light and well built, as for tips etc just practise as hard as you can and going up things try tapping your front then to sump or bashring and try to learn how to skippy asap and hop helps hell of a lot i think and ive been doing it for about 3 years

wear a helmet! I wasn't wearing a helmet when I accidentally ride off a 10 ft drop, and i may not have looked like a **** before the accident, but i certianaly did after with a massive lump of the top of my head.

:angry:

if you get protective gear don't go too over the top, you want shin pads, not shin plates if you know what I mean.

As regarding teckniques its pretty useful to be able to hop on the back wheel, putting in little pedal strokes sortof whilst hopping helps to move you forward and keep the front end up.

being able to endo and turn is good too, also try practicing steps of different sizes helps.

if noones watching park benches are quite good or if you live in a town then there is loads of stuff.

Bob

haha good eye! But in my defense, I didn't have a helmet with my old avatar haha. But I still stand by wearing a helmet!! lol

As for some tips for pushbike trials, I'd say practice hopping on your back wheel:) Or get a pogo-stick.

Like this GIANT:

pogostick.jpg

(I bet he would be awesome on a trials bike! ...or maybe just clumsy.. god damn he's tall)

Edited by Jackman