Revving Problems

canine

I just wondered if anyone has experienced any problems with the 290 revving itself??,

I have a montesa but two of my friends have 290's (2003 + 2001) and they both seem to revv up themselves it doesn't happen all the time but does happen enough so if anyone can help or has had the same problem please let me know

Cheers.

cheers folks, i just heard the 2001 bike did it again at the weekend and blew up, i fitted a stronger spring on the 2003 one and it doesn't seem so bad still does it though, we have stripped the carb's on both bikes and cleaned them on several occasions airboxes too but we shall keep trying :angry:

I just wondered if anyone has experienced any problems with the 290 revving itself??,

I have a montesa but two of my friends have 290's (2003 + 2001) and they both seem to revv up themselves it doesn't happen all the time but does happen enough so if anyone can help or has had the same problem please let me know

Cheers.

Would be worth checking the routing and condition of the throttle cable. My mate had a 2001 290 that did this and it was a right pain in the a*** until we found the problem. while the bike is at idle turn the bars to full lock both ways and see if the bike throttles up,if it does it may need adjusting or re-routing. If not then remove the cable from the throttle assy and the top of the carb and push the inner cable back and forth. It should move very freely and if it doesnt you may have a kink in the cable or the outer sheath has been crushed against a rock or something which is nipping the inner cable.