Chain Length

cota kid

102 links, if you want the same basewheel.

The rule is easy: original number plus or minus the change on teeth. Your standard chain lenght is 101 link with 10/42 gearing. If you add 1 tooth (43) you'll need 102 links. The standard lenght of GG-Pro (250-280-300) is 102 links, so it's easy to find.

Cheers, JM.

By the way, I've now a GG Pro 250 with 10/41 gearing (11/42 standard) and I like much more (3rd. more useable).

Can anyone advise how many links a chain will need to have to fit a 10t front and 43t rear.

Thanks

what's up? did you wrap the old one round the head of a Roma fan?

I tell you what I reckon there would be quite a large queue of Middlesbrough fans in front of me to do that.

If Middlesbrough Fans had attacked Roma supporters like that on Teesside, every English club would be banned out of Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm wanting to get a new chain to fix the tapping coming from it (people on here have suggested seized/tight link is the cause)

Back is 42 and front 10, what size chain will I need? Gonna pick one up from <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> on the way to work in the morning.

Do I need any 1/2 links/connecting links or anything?

Any special tools needed to get the new chain on/off?

ta

You should be able to obtain a proper replacement Sherco chain with the half link made on.

Otherwise you will need to buy a 105 link chain, a chain breaker, and a half link which usually comes as 1.5 links and you will have two master links in the chain. A real pain in the a***.

Have you tried cleaning and soaking your old one?

How much adjustment is remaining on the cams? :lol:

Can't be much difference only one on the back is there any point? Thought the rule was up or down at front opposite at the back?????????????

I suppose the point was the shop I was at only had a 43 blue talon and I didn't want a 42 gold.

I don't really do technical. :thumbup:

Going from the standard 11:42

10:41 is the same as going 11:45 so it's just a bit less severe than the change to a full 10:42

1 tooth at the front is worth 4 at the back roughly.

Right, if it's that much bother I think I'll have a proper go at cleaning and soaking the old on one Saturday, plenty of adjustment left, on no. 4 at the mo.

See if it clears up the noise on Sunday :thumbup:

Cheers!

Do yourself a favour for the future - buy yourself some Trialcast or YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE large snail cams. They give you enough adjustment to get rid of half links forever.

Use a grinder if you've not got a chain cutter, just grind away the right bit and knock it out with a centre punch.