Sherco To Gas Gas

sir dabs alot

It's the first time I see this shock. It seems that GG has changed the model at middle of production. Mine has different cap, and is adjustable in compression. This silver shock may not be adjustable in compression.

Could be a cheaper version?

Evidently I will not put the hand into the fire for any manufacturer...

Cheers,

JM.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had 2 years riding on sherco and this year have a 280 gasgas

the suspension on the gasgas rear is alot better , sticks to the ground and doesnt just bang when jumping off 6ft steps. build quality was something i was concerned about but it seems fine , i do strip it down every week and check everything.

the bike does seem lighter to ride and easier to pull around espicially at the end of an event.

It has taken a few weeks getting used to the extra power of the gasgas , sometimes catching me unaware on a couple of steps.

The sherco is much better in mud when feeling for grip, but hopefully i can adapt to ride the gasgas in mud.

i dont think any bike will be perfect , you have to try them all then access them .....................then go with the cheapest !!!!

wayne

have had the 290 sherco and now have the raga 300cc. the power on the raga is wild (so i've been told) but i'd go for a bit more :blush: i haven't seen a big bore kit for the 300 and any light weight flywheels, any know of any products? :)

have had the 4rt also, would have been better with a 350cc+ motor. can't wait to see the gg 4t, if they bring it out then it should be on par with the sherco but as with gg a slightly bigger engine.

Wouldn't call putting a performance enhancing extra on a bike as bling, do you think we're all wasting our brass fitting adjustable throttle bodies on our Monts? Rapter pegs & set back hangers are next up for mine, to replace inferior standard parts.

Wouldn't call putting a performance enhancing extra on a bike as bling, do you think we're all wasting our brass fitting adjustable throttle bodies on our Monts? Rapter pegs & set back hangers are next up for mine, to replace inferior standard parts.

Yes but does the 'performancing enhancing extra' make your scores any better? and another point, would you buy a new car then change all the keys parts coz the quality isnt good enough? I thought monts were top dollar for quality :) should be for the price!

Ok, well heres a suggestion, why dont the manufactures offer a basic machine then a list of 'extras' similar to buying a new car. Then you can select the performance enhancing parts and have the bike supplied like it.

I would agree though that if you are going to spend some money on improving your machine, the suspension would be the first place to look.

Ok, well heres a suggestion, why dont the manufactures offer a basic machine then a list of 'extras' similar to buying a new car. Then you can select the performance enhancing parts and have the bike supplied like it.

That is basically what you can do with a 4RT isn't it, not direct from the dealer, but at the moment it is the one bike on the market with a bundle of performance enhancing parts :)

Bling I don't do that, performance enhancing, yes please.

Sorry Dabster, did I not see you sporting a larger fuel tank on yer Gasser. Not really performace enhancing, bit closer to Bling :blush:

Edited by GIZZA5

Good idea Ant, wonder why they don't offer upgrades as a factory option, sure many would go for things like anodised wheels/hubs, carbon bits, number boards, suspension, larger tank etc if it were offered

GasGas have made an effort by Introducing the Raga and Racing models, which for not alot more money have quite a few "performance enhancing" extras. :lol:

That is basically what you can do with a 4RT isn't it, not direct from the dealer, but at the moment it is the one bike on the market with a bundle of performance enhancing parts :lol:

Bling I don't do that, performance enhancing, yes please.

Sorry Dabster, did I not see you sporting a larger fuel tank on yer Gasser. Not really performace enhancing, bit closer to Bling :)

2 things a) I was trying it out in an event, prototype testing if you like :) I didn't have any back up for fuel and thought the extra capacity was sensible?

I for one was disappointed that Sherco never did do a caby or grimbo replica, and with a conversation I had with a spaniard at a French trial he said he felt the Shercos were built to a price rather than specification, which has been addressed this year alittle, but too late for me.

Good idea Ant, wonder why they don't offer upgrades as a factory option, sure many would go for things like anodised wheels/hubs, carbon bits, number boards, suspension, larger tank etc if it were offered

GasGas have made an effort by Introducing the Raga and Racing models, which for not alot more money have quite a few "performance enhancing" extras. :lol:

Even the Raga is having parts changed already and its only just come out. You will find the shock being changed to the fully adjustable Ohlin. The magnesium swinging arm being changed ( concerns over strength ), The Carb being replaced by a Keihin and the list goes on..

I'm sure the manufacturers would get some decent bulk prices for these key components, to offer them as an 'extra' means they could make a bit of money and give a little back to the customer. win win situation. :)