Montesa 315 Choke

kieldp

Hi all,

I seem to have a little problem with my 2003 Montesa Cota 315R. When I start the bike with the choke on, the bike likes to run at dangerously full revs until the choke is turned off. Is there anyway of adjusting the carby so this doesn't happen at start up?

Cheers

David

• 2 weeks later...

I too had this problem, it's because the tickover is set too high, if you turned the tick over down then put the choke on and started it, it will run on choke perfect. However when you turn the choke off it will die. There is something wrong in the circuit that is making you turn tickover atificially high to stop it cutting out. With my 2002 i had the carb cleaned properly, changed the gear oil because clutch drag makes the tickover need to be higher, cleaned the front pipe and repacked the rear exhaust and hey presto it ran far better. I was told if you turn your tickover too high you move the carb from idle jet to main and when you add choke you got a screamer. Hope this helps. I am no expert just been there myself. Let me know ?