New Fantic Trials Bike - Decent Photo

gasgas249uk

Excited as I am about a new Fantic like many others, I will be sorely disappointed if any new bike incorporates a cheap knock of import engine. Stick with what Fantic built there reputation on! Italian engine, and stay with it's trademark forward kick too! :beer:

:beer: Thats a fact ! the actual Fantic made Fantic engines are built so

tight , I can't think of anything else that even comes close to their

tolorances, The O.E spec for bore to piston clearanc is one-half of

one-thousandth !!!! that's almost a press fit for a sleeve !!!

The 240 is the only spec I've got , but I'm sure the 300's were just as

tite... Hence the chromium plated liner

:beer:

Glenn

I wonder if they are allowed to use the old forward kick 2stroke engine for the trials bikes? I mean I know they bought the name and everything but did they buy the rights to use original designs? I reckon if they did they could make that engine easily as competative as todays bikes from GG, Beta etc. Plus it would make sense financialy as the design already exists! Hmmm unless they are determined to make a thumper???

I'd actually love a new 240 or 300 Pro , I think they would sell all they could make if they bought out a retro bike w/some modern finese...

A rebirth of the twinshocks would be great and inexpensive to do and would get alot more folks on trials bikes, wouldn't be as costly as the currant crop of bikes ...

Glenn :beer:

Dont worry fantic will come up trump's with the bigger size engine,i mean there not going to let on to there rival's what's coming and alot change's in 2 year's as far as engine design goes.I'd say the 50cc model is targeted for the kid's over there for the road that's why there's such a big seat for it.

Man I loved my 94 249cc KRoo. Probably my most favorite bike, even if it was a little heavy and tall. Stupid horizontal radiator and fan. An idea that wasn't needed and didn't work too well. But that had to be the best motor ever put in a Trials bike. Tons of power, more than my GG321, but was tunable for smoothness and power delivery by advancing or retarding the timing and easily adding flywheel weights. If only the thing hadn't been so tall, but then with all that ground clearance it would roll over almost anything. I think it had some of the best suspension ever put on a Trials bike too, lots of travel, but I wasn't a fan of that upside down fork and it's always broken fender braces. I'd sure buy another Fantic if they'd build one again. I loved both my 309 and my KRoo. Wasn't a fan of the 95 Section.

:beer: I was on a german website yesterday that after translation stated that by the end of summer 06 , we should see a 50cc , 80cc , and a 125cc 4stroke !!!!

And that they are tieing up loose ends for a 300cc 4t from suzuki , to be in production by 08 ! :)

So I quess I'll keep riding twinshock events on my trusty 240 and save my pennies for a 4t Fantic.!$$$.

:)

Glenn

Great to see Fantic on a comeback but do they "need" to make a 4stroke? 2strokes would be cheaper to produce and sell and I dunno if its the same the world over but 4strokes just dont seem to be that popular around my neck o'the woods??

Get the old forward kicking oil burner engine resurrected and my name would be on one for sure!!