Sherco 290 Fuel/oil Ratio

gasgasssser

I hear all sorts about 80:1 and such,but it says,clearly,on my Sherco,2%(50:1), and it runs great.Why wouldn't you run the recommended mix? Don't tell me your BS about carbon,that's part of the two-stroke deal;love it or leave it!I think people are only thinking about the burn; what about the bearings? If anything, I'd want more oil to the bearings on a two stroke.In my opinion,they're barely surviving as it is!

i run 80cc of ipone to 5ltr of super unleaded always have always will, runs superb (06 290). ipone oil bottles have a handy measuring thingy where you squeeze the oil you want into a seperate part of the bottle then pour it into the fuel, has any one seen how much oil a two stroke bottom end collects even at 75-1!! it will be fine unless your going motocrossing! dont worry. :beer:

I cant remember where but i read an article on two stroke fuel mixes and the article said that running too much oil can be as bad as not enough, The theory is that if you run too much oil the engine runs alot hotter and will burn or hole the piston etc.. personally i would run the reccomended mix, which for the 290 is 50:1 i think,

two of my friends have 290's and they both run at 50:1 without problems,