325 Or 340?

montaco

Looks like a "Bitza" mostly 340 frame etc, earlier exhaust tailpipe could be a 340 or a 325 engine hard to tell from a piccy. Brake and gearlever swaped over but thats just rider preference using earlier parts again.

Guess somebody has found a source of old parts or has had some "remade" but not all as 199B.

Wish i could get a front pipe, genuine 340, for mine as only 325 ones seem available withought getting one made using mine as a pattern.

Same with side stand. :wall:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Just a sidestand, 340 frontpipe mine has a small dent in it and a kickstart as mine is rather past it's best and Dave Renham only has the replica kickstarts which are not the same as the 340 one and 325 frontpipes. He doesnt have any side stands either. If you have either please let me know.

Thanks

Hello all,

I am a new member but an old rider, I started way back in the 70's riding with the Surrey and Crowthorne Schoolboys, then I started the Gwent Schoolboy Trials Club, with the help from my dear old mum.

I am looking to get my leg over again after 20 odd years, my bikes were, TY175 then Bultaco 250 and lastly SWM TL320 (sleeved down to 250 for youth trials).

I am looking for just the type of bike you are all discussing, can any of you help ?? Would not mind how rough it is as restoring would be half the fun.

Would like to get my hands on a Bultaco and SWM (I have already spoken to Martin Mathews about the SWM)

Look forward to your replies and to getting back in the saddle !!