Majesty

woody

A Majesty doing stoppies is a sight to see !!!

you're too old for that nonsense.... :thumbup:

No, I don't understand it either. I had monos when they were new and the brakes were fine. Could be the shoe material or they're glazed maybe, bit of investigation required.

I have two wheels and neither is brilliant, even with the brake plate with the external arm. It works adequatley but there is no real bite to it. I have another motocross brake plate to try with the twin leading shoes but have to work out how to fit it as the locating slot for the fork leg is in a different place and puts the brake cable locator on too much of an angle. Bit of chin rubbing required there.

Certainly didn't want to create a fiddle or cheat bike, hence no Paioli forks or discs... Just something that rides how I want it to.

question

when is a fiddle or cheat bike not a fiddle or cheat

bike

answer

when woody builds it

• 2 years later...

Doesn't Birkett do an improved front brake plate with the lever on the outside. ( that maybe the type you have?)I have one that came with a mono I bought in bits but it has been repaired. Also is the tank on yours a smaller fibreglass one ? I was watching an alluminium one on ebay but it was pulled off yesterday, no doubt had an offer he couldn't refuse. :D

Edited by bo drinker

SWEET!!!

Very nice improvements, eg your pegs positions, have done the same with GG on my TYR -major difference.

Im not well informed about regulations and definitions of classes in the UK, but are TYR sliders and hubs legal in Pre-85 classes, t/s classes?

I think the parts should be legal, the requirements are fullfilled, prod before 841231, goes for TYR engines for that matter :D

Edited by Pat

Hi Bo, yes the brake plate is the type with the external arm now and I got it from Birkett's. It was no improvemt over the original though and is still not very good at all, has no feel or bite, I can only assume the drum is no good. It's adequate for most situations though.

The tank is the small fibreglass tank. If you're going to fit one make sure it is well mounted and doesn 't vibrate. On the Godden frame there are two tubes running under the top tube up to the headstock. If the bottom of the tank is in contact with these it will rub through. Trust me.... Make sure the tank clears them. Also be carefull when you're taking it on and off. The lugs that are used to locate the rubbers at the front, either side of the headstock, are glued or glassed onto the tank. If you're levering and twisting the tank to remove/fit it, it's possible to break them off. I've broken one. If you're careful fitting/removing it, you should avoid this.

The tank is also smaller capacity so be aware of that if you're doing road trials. Mine's a 320 so is a bit thirsty and I have to carry fuel with me just in case I don't meet up with anyone who is carrying the fuel at the right time/place . I've run out once or twice before I've caught up with them, so always have a litre or so with me just in case. The 250 may not be so thirsty though and have a greater range, may not be so much of an issue.

Thanks Woody. I think I will try to find a std alloy tank. If it's possible to break a fibreglass one I guarantee I would break it. Never done a road trial but after observing at the Wye Valley trial recently I fancy having a go, and the Majesty is registered. :D