Scorpa Long Ride Vs Montesa 4 Rt

peterbk7

I'm new to this so I hope it works!

I need a new bike for LDT's ( ie approx 70 mile trials / mixture of road and lanes + 30 odd sections ). These are great events but being in the late 50's I'm looking for a bike thats light and easy to ride. I've narrowed the choice down to a Scorpa sy250 long ride or a Montesa 4rt with one of the aftermarket long range seat tank units. The problem is deciding which. Does anybody have any advice on which is the better bike for this sort of event? Thanks for any help.

Pete

That's a tough call,I love'em both and own neither.I'm sure the best way to decide is to test ride if possible and choose whichever feels the best between your legs,that apply's to some of life's other choice's too! :) I'll bet that was helpful,,Hell, just buy one of each and whichever one you don't care for you can send to me. I'll even pay for shipping :) Welcome to the site!

Peter

I may be biased but look at it this way, the SY Longride is quite a bit cheaper than the Monty $rt and already has the tank and seat included in the price. You may want to get a slightly more padded saddle made up for longer rides but the Scorpa is ideal. As far as fuel consumption goes, I get around 30km out of a SY 25o even when I am chasing (and often passing) big bore enduro bikes on the tighter forest trails. I think 70km from a longride should be about right. The other option is to buy a SY250 trials and then get a longride tank and make your own seat (depends on how much padding you already have). Then you really have the best of both worlds and still most likely less than the Monty in price.

Hope this helps