Gear Box Oil

beta_basher

Arron you really do need to pay attention more at school :D .

I use motul and it seems fine(plus dealer just gave me a load free), its all pretty much the same stuff. I had good results with motorex in my sherco, and i someties used silkolene but im not so keen on that stuff, no reason just a thing i have.

Remember engine oil isn't gearbox oil.

Bob

Not sure about sherco but i know on gas gas Motul Eats the plates in the gearbox so im not going to use that i know the bikes are fairly simialar engine wise so might be advisable to try something else. For the Gasser im using ATF dexron which is what GG reccomend maybe you should try it they say it reduces clutch drag.

Sherco (MRS) recommend IPONE Synthetic is available from most well stocked trials shops and after 3 bikes, this has never let me down.

Clutch is well light and with long levers is much easier to ride!!!!

Sherco (MRS) recommend IPONE Synthetic is available from most well stocked trials shops and after 3 bikes, this has never let me down.

Clutch is well light and with long levers is much easier to ride!!!!

My 05 Beta worked best with plain old Castrol GTX 10-30. Never could tell a difference as compared to the expensive stuff. However, I did try some ATF and when it got hot the clutch slipped badly.

I have been running a little experiment of late, using the Mobil 1 synthetic ATF for the last month. No ill effects that I can detect. Maybe slightly quicker action as compared to the stock IPONE stuff. Some may like that!

Plates still stick after sitting, but seem to break loose quickly!

:D

MC