Ty250z

dfwilson

Marky G - Yamaha stopped making Trials bikes because the Japanese Motorcycle Industry is all about numbers and volume - Although the TYZ sold reasonably well in the UK, sales in other parts of the World were pretty much counted on one hand. The units that were bought in the USA were all (5-8 units) purchased from Canadian Dealers. - Ask Mick Andrews what he thought about the TYZ, I think most people would be in for a shock.

Cheers for that Dave,

I suppose sales must have been bad for them just to stop making Trials bikes alltogethor, how much of a share do they have in Scorpa then? Everyone nows that Honda still make bikes under the guise of Montesa.

What did Mick Andrews think of the TYZ anyway?

I have ridden birks's own bike it certainly is great to ride. it finds grip incredebly well and is good up becks just goes where you point it and doesn't spit off the rocks. it is a cable clutch on it but it is nice and light.

Watch out for the new version!!!!! ;)

Edited by sparky

• 16 years later...

Yes my name is Shane and I have a 1993 TYZ 250 R !!! It has only done approximately 2 years of riding , after that it has sat in my garage !! It has always been started regularly until one year ago, when I presume it’s the unleaded fuel has blocked the carburettor jets !! But I regularly turn it over !!!

I want to sell it , but have NO IDEA OF what it’s worth ‘??

So If there is anybody out there who could give me an idea of the 1993 TYZ’S PRICE please ??!

From Shane 

4 minutes ago, ExAusChamp4x said:

Yes my name is Shane and I have a 1993 TYZ 250 R !!! It has only done approximately 2 years of riding , after that it has sat in my garage !! It has always been started regularly until one year ago, when I presume it’s the unleaded fuel has blocked the carburettor jets !! But I regularly turn it over !!!

I want to sell it , but have NO IDEA OF what it’s worth ‘??

So If there is anybody out there who could give me an idea of the 1993 TYZ’S PRICE please ??!

From Shane 

Being yours Shane it sure has provenance and there are people who have a thing about them so I have no doubt it will sell easily.

I sold my well-used but fully functional 1993 TYZ locally in Gladstone for $2500.