Whitehawk

tlpaul

Hello

I have recently acquired a TY175 with a Whitehawk frame. Apart from the tank decel it appears totally original including the one piece tank/seat unit embossed with a 'W', Thing is, I'd like to know a bit about 'Whitehawk', as in who/where/when etc. All I have seen is a posted pic from the original brochure.

Any 'enlightenment' would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Mine is also being converted to 200cc, the existing piston was already +1mm so could not be rebored. There is a guy who offers exchange barrels bored to 200cc with jetski piston as a kit.

The welding on the frame is a work of art, but they must have given the exhaust to the apprentice! This looks like a standard system but has a short piece welded in just before the first silencer, presumably the wheelbase is longer.

Thanks for your replies. If anyone comes up with more info please post.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

I've found out that they were made by a guy called Mick Whitlock in Hampshire. Frame is from Reynolds 531 tubing. Thats about it!

There was significant piston rattle in mine, investigation proved it was already 1mm oversize, so have put on a 200cc conversion. You can buy an exchange head bored to 200cc + piston etc. for about

You need to track down Dave Clinkard, his younger brother rode the big TY80 and the 175, almost as the development rider.

Same frame manufacturer as the Beamish Suzuki's, Whitehawk appeared after the Beamish flame burned out.