Can Somebody Tell Me What This Is?

d.trial

Hi,

i bought this bike last week for some extra parts.

first i thought somebody did put some big wheels on a ty80 but when i looked closer i found out that also the frame and swingarm have some strange sizes.

the frame has a 451 number so that must be a ty80 ( or am i wrong here?) but it's bigger than a normal ty80 and there is a space between the engine and the frame ( see pictures). the swingarm also looks original but it's to long!??

does anybody know if this is a standard factory frame/bike? or is the frame hand made/wasted?

thanks

D.

post-2439-1154283274.jpgpost-2439-1154283315.jpgpost-2439-1154283391.jpg

post-2439-1154283338.jpgpost-2439-1154284149.jpg

Edited by d.trial

I saw a bike on eblag recently which stated in the description that it was a ty80 import because it had the ty80 engine in a ty50 frame and was for road use .It had a different seat and all the mirrors and lights with it aswel.

It could have just been a ty50 and someone put an 80 engine in.....I`m not sure of the TY history to be honest so dont know all the different variations on the models they made

here is a pic of it

post-60-1154894842.jpeg

:o Looks like an early TY 50, 16er sports moped chassis with 80 motor. The left sidepanel is the oil tank and its obviously still got the big seat. TY50 M or P, thats the anorack in me. If Pitley views the post he will confirm it as he had one when we were 16. (Happy days) Thanks :blink: Although having said that an 80 version was available abroad. 50 with 80 motor so may be import. Edited by bo drinker