Hawkstone 2006

dab-man

Lots of bits an pieces been said on different threads about this years trial whats your overall thoughts about it now the dust has settled.

I personally thought it was a great weekend. Mini masters trial very good made all the better by Amos and his antics. Sections on Sunday very good with severity about right (still amazed at what they do even after watching around 10 world rounds) viewing seemed better than last year (not sure why) deserving winner in Fuji seems like a genuine guy.

Shame Doug couldnt get his 100th GP win couldnt quite seem to put in that one amazing ride to get the crowd really behind him like last year (it was a hard act to follow).

Just one thing which I thought was a shame, section 5 wasn't realistically possible within the time limit. All of the riders were having to foot like mad just to get through in time; Dougie, Fuji, Raga, all had tens of dabs to get the bike turned quickly enough to make the end cards before the whistle went.

It was my first visit to hawkstone and i was not disappointed with the trials and all the events were great! there isn't many world champian ship sport events you can get that close, i was only inches from the main man (dougie of coarse) himself. great fun climbing up those banks and trees trying to get the best view. i was shocked at what those guys can do, you would never think it was possible till you see it yourself. i will be trying to go to more rounds in the future (loved it). my only pointer if i may aim this at all the traders who did't turn up, come next year we all would be greatful as i thought the turn out of traders was not that good. when people come to these events they like to buy stuff as well as watch the trials (you may even like it) angus.... :thumbup:B):D

Brilliant weekend well organised and great fun

Highs

Mini Masters Amos going up the big step

Steve Saunders sipping beer balanced mid section

Being so close to all the bikes and riders

Girl on Gas Gas stand in denim shorts :thumbup:

watching the youth and junior riders putting in some fantastic rides

Laia swearing

TC gathering

the list goes on

Lows

Disappointed not all the importers had trade stands i felt the scottish had a better trade area

THE AMOUNT OF LITTER left around the sections. I couldn't believe it. If everyone leaves litter like that at their local trials its no wonder we are loosing land to ride on