Stratford-upon-avon Club Trial 6th Aug.

scorpa3

The Stratford-Upon-Avon Club are holding a round of the Home Master removals backed Midland Centre Youth Championship at Sambourne Farm near Studley this Sunday.

The event, which is also a part of the regular Dennis Bridges summer series, will feature ten sections with four routes set out around the outskirts of the farm.

Signposted from the A435 between Studley and Alcester, the trial will start at 10.30 sharp. Riders are welcome to enter on the day, and those who can supply an Observer will be given a free entry.

For more information contact Richard Gill on 0121 246 5823

Edited by scorpa3

The Stratford-Upon-Avon Club are holding a round of the Home Master removals backed Midland Centre Youth Championship at Sambourne Farm near Studley this Sunday.

The event, which is also a part of the regular Dennis Bridges summer, will feature ten sections with four routes set out around the outskirts of the farm.

Signposted from the A435 between Studley and Alcester, the trial will start at 10.30 sharp. Riders are welcome to enter on the day, and those who can supply an Observer will be given a free entry.

For more information contact Richard Gill on 0121 246 5823

Good luck with the trial and thanks for supporting the youth in the midlands centre :thumbup:

Hope to see you there all being well B)

Come on all Midland centre youth riders. If you have not yet experienced the Homemaster Removals backed youth championship enter on day and participate. This is your championship !

Good luck to the Stratford club and well done for taking on one of the championship rounds.

Thanks for the encouragement.

At our last trial, there were no takers for the White D route. Are there any Youth D riders in the Midlands now?

I seem to remember a good turn out for Heart Of England Trials in the past.

The course is set for tomorrows Stratford-Upon-Avon trial at Sambourne Farm near Studley; it's bone dry on the ground despite some recent showers of rain, so expect some tough sections on the harder routes!

As this is a round or the Midland Centre Youth Championship, backed by Homemaster removals, all youth riders are more than welcome.

The start time is 10.30 and the venue will be signposted from the A435 between Studley and Alcester.

Although it was a very nice suprise to get an entry of over 70 to one of our club trials, there was a lot of retirements on the easier routes...... I obviously got it wrong today. Sorry lads.

John Cowley won the A route on eight marks lost.... a very good ride indeed!

Ryan Foulkes was best on the B route on just four.... but it was tight at the top.

The C route was won by Connor Evans on six marks lost, in fact the top three all finished in single figures.

27 riders entered the C route but 11 retired. There were numerous cleans in every section. Was it too hard?

Only five rode the D route and four of those retired. That obviously WAS too hard. The only finisher was Alex Green who lost 42.

I will post a full report once I have worked out a few furthest clean ties breaks further down the leader boards.

Once again... sorry to those on the C&D routes who struggled.

Edited by scorpa3

I retired from the B route due to a complete lack of fitness combined with the heat - first trial for a long time. I thought the severity was spot on for a clubman, though. Thanks for your effort!

Edited by RogerRoger

Thanks for that Roger.

We would have put on 15 sections had we known the turnout was going to be so good. We turned Observers away, which is almost unheard of.

Three laps of 15 would have meant less queuing, and that was one of the problems yesterday.

I'm disapointed (for the riders) that so many retired on the C & D routes.

Edited by scorpa3

I thought the blue route was pretty easy for a clubman Pete (sections 2 & 4 were spot on). But that low beam on that tree as you come out the brook on section 4 caught me smack in my chops, knocked me off the bike and knocked me out for about a minute or so.. :blink: I tried to ride the next section and was all over the place so packed in.. otherwise I would have been in single figures for the 4 laps I think. Head a bit sore today :o

Looking at the white route I thought that looked easier than a white route we set out so not sure why they struggled so much on that. It would be nice to hear from some of the guys to see why they retired :o

You had a bit of a pre-65 thing going there as well and how that guy got his BSA thumper through the blue route I just dont know. I dont normally see them try and ride the harder stuff like that. It was great to watch.

Lastly, I really enjoyed the day (until I bashed me head) so thanks a lot for the obvious effort you guys put into it.

Well worth the trip down :o

had a good day out yesterday at your trial, well marked out ,the new marker system made the sections much eaiser to work out considering there were 4 routes.

regarding the severity of the sections on the c+d routes i can give you my 2 lads views on them as one rode in each class.

on c route he thought it was probably a bit on the easy side,though he agrees its just as hard with the sections being easy to keep it together for the full 40 sections with out making silly mistakes.

d route was ok for older lads on full size bikes, but for the younger lads just starting out on small wheels they were just that bit too tough. he thought sections 3and 6 were fine and had a go at most of the others but found them too tough.

thanks again for a good days sport

... but for the younger lads just starting out on small wheels they were just that bit too tough....

Yeh I can see what you mean now on the smaller wheels. We rarely see a TY80 and co these days so I omitted to consider them :blink:

...that low beam on that tree as you come out the brook on section 4 caught me smack in my chops, knocked me off the bike and knocked me out for about a minute or so.. :blink: I tried to ride the next section and was all over the place so packed in.. otherwise I would have been in single figures for the 4 laps I think. Head a bit sore today :o

I banged my helmet every lap in that section.... not on the low branch but the one after it just as I was standing back up! I do hope you're ok?

I wondered why you had a couple of fives just on your last lap. I guessed that the observers filled in fives for missing the sections.

As it was a Youth Championship round, the C route definately was harder than we normally put on. Almost all of the retirements are from riders we see every trial, I guess it just suprised them that things were harder for once.

As for the D class, it's four years since we saw a small wheel bike at one of our events. I just got it wrong, sorry chaps.

I watched a small Beta drop into the stream at section 4. It's nothing to a 21 inch wheel; poor chap looked like he was doing a hand stand on the bars. All credit to him, he hung on and got through. I wouldn't have wanted to have done that a second time!

Thank you every one for turning up.