Mr. Bultaco Dies In Car Crash

city trials

It's a sad day for all Bultaco, no, wait, all mx fans.

Motocross legend Jim Pomeroy died in an automobile accident on Sunday, Aug. 6, while driving near Tampico, Washington, just west of his home in Yakima, Washington.

Edited by City Trials

• 1 month later...

post-27-1158871573.jpgJim Pomeroy was a wonderful guy and a great friend. I miss him alot. We had spent two weekends prior to his death visiting, drinking and telling stories until late at night, at the Burnt Ridge MX. I also got a chance to race against him twice, the final time at Mid Ohio in the Hodaka race. One time at Alderdale, Washington, I had gotten a monster holeshot and proceeded to roost the holy living heck out of him. He was laughing about it still. What a great sport he was. He just congratulated me and said, "Good Job!". Never had a mean bone in his body. I NEVER EVER heard that man swear, not even once. Enclosed is a photo from the day I roosted him, early on. He caught up to me at least three times was rebuffed with a serious roosting each time. At Burnt Ridge he told me he finally had to take off his goggles, and was just soaked in mud. . He just laughed and laughed about it. He was just so nice. I think a lesser man would've been mad about it. I was prepared for his revenge at Mid Ohio, but it never came. The Hodaka he was riding lost third gear at about lap 4, so I went reluctantly cruising by. I think I was more disappointed than Jim. Try these links for some interesting stuff about that day Jay L.

The web page with pic of Jim and meMy story about racing Jim

Jims last race.

post-27-1158872473.jpg

Edited by JayLael

• 2 weeks later...