Help!, New To Ty250 And Its Not Running Right.

lumbr

;) hi whats the best oil to put in a 250 mono, as i've been out today for the first time on it and the cluch seems to drag ;) , it might be the clutch that as gone but just want to make sure its not the oil first. also it does not rev out right :lol: , it goes all rough afer about half revs i tryed changing the mixer screw with not alot of joy, i also tuck the air filter out and tryed it again with no joy (put it back). is there a stiffer spring you can get to fit the sandard shock. please help :)

If your bike is a SY Scorpa 250 you would be best asking you questions in the Scorpa section.

Have found the best oil to stop drag or creep is Bel Ray Gear Saver 75 SAE oil.

Best to change frequently especially if you ride a lot.I have changed to Putoline and find it gives excellent results also.Would be very surprised if you found your clutch to be shot.

Check your plug or fit a newey.

Clean and reoil your filter and also check carburettor rubber boots both sides are seated correctly and clamps tight.

Not sure of stiffer springs .

gear box, repsol 10\30. clutch, put in another metal clutch plate or a washer in each of the

clutch springs, making sure they dont foul the inner or outer clutch basket, this will compress

the springs just enought to make the plates bite better.

carb, make sure the float level is 21mm with the float bowl gasket removed,try the bike out

if the same then try moving the clip up and down the needle by one slot ,assuming its

already on the center grouve , also i have found a b6es plug 0.7mm gap tends to burn the

50.1 petrol mix better because its a hotter plug

if still the same do another post and tell us what size pilot and main jets you have in your carb.

pilot jet (40) looks ok though you could try a larger main jet up to 150 , also check the reeds

are fully closed by looking through the reed block (when removed) you should not be able to

see any day light, some times one or two petals tend to lift up, if so get a new set.

the air mixture screw only controls slow running so 1 1/4 turns out should be ok.