Pwk Problems

neo

Hi all,

I have a question for all you Keihin PWK Professionals.

I fitted a PWK28 to my 02 Sherco 290 a few months back. I selected the setup based on what I read on these forum pages. And after some messing around I had it purring like a kitten and as controllable as a guide dog

Edited by Neo

The bowl vent tube on the right side may be pinched or blocked. I had to drill through the left(blank) nipple to let it vent properly as the hose was pinched shut on mine due to close quarters with muffler. Fuel cannot flow properly if this happens. ( Yes, remove it again so you can clean and air dry bowl after drilling passage)It creates a negative pressure in the bowl that cannot be overcome.

Be sure these tubes are short as fuel in them acts to block air pressure equalization in the bowl as well. That is what happens to the stock Dellorto as well and why the tubes are most often removed. However I will tell you that I prefer the short hoses even on the dellorto to prevent contamination.

As there is no "L" outlet on these Keihin vents, hoses are neccessary to prevent dirt and water entry into the bowl area. Otherwise you would contaminate it every time you wash the bike!

Many folks wonder how dirt gets into the carbs, past the fuel filters to block their pilot jets, now you know!

Hope that helps!

:rolleyes:

Edited by copemech

Thanks Copemech, :rolleyes:

That information put me right on track. I had already drilled out the bowl vent tube, on the right side. Because I read that there was little to no clearance in previous post. But I put two long tubes down the back of the engine, to the delta link. The one coming for the bowl vent must have not been breathing properly. So I

Neo,

What you have is fine, except for needle clip position ????

Sorry Howard,

I've confused things a bit. :rolleyes:

I was just commending you on the fact, you remembered that I had moved the needle clip. :D

Many thanks again.

Neo

Edited by Neo