Trials On Tv Tonight, Dec. 1

dbrown

Just a reminder that the show "Guts & Bolts" will have a trials feature tonight at 8:30PM EST (7:30 CST). This show was filmed around 1st of Sept. at the Trials Training Center in TN, with Ray Peters of TTC teaching trials riding techniques to the show's host. They are also reportedly including some bits about the history of trials riding, at least in the U.S. I will be as interested as anyone to see how it comes out; we just tried to be helpful but they do what they want!

Dan Brown

www.trialstrainingcenter.com

:rolleyes: Sometimes living in a "third world country" (Canada) really stink! Our History Channel showed a story on the sinking of the Rainbow Warrier. Our version of OLN is different too. It just tortures me some days :blink:

It was actually quite entertaining, not as good as Ian's TrialsTV DVD's, but something that the general public might think is exciting. There was only 10 minutes on trials, I thought it should have been at least an hour long and they should've plugged TTC more (we hardly even were mentioned), but they didn't ask me.

dan

True story: I just got the GG and went on the maiden voyage with Bagger. Mind you I had never spent any time on a modern bike before, just the tired old Yamaha TY175. Somewhere along the line, I grabbed a handfull of throttle and did exactly like the host of show. Bagger still laughs about it telling everybody how he saw my bike wheeling through the trees without me on it.

It was good that we got some coverage for trials on TV. The only downside I see is that these programs always show champ level riders. The average enduro/discouraged MX rider who would be a great addition to our community sees the champs and while being completely entertained, says to himself, "there is no way I could ever do that", and will never consider trying out trials. It would be nice to show some junior riders or novices to balance things out and show potential riders that we have numerous classes for just about everybody.