Majesty Exhaust Help Needed!

scotty

:) Hi i was wondering if anyone out there has fitted the WES full exhaust system to a yamaha framed ty250 majesty! the middle alloy silencer has a smaller diameter than the front downpipe so it wont just slip on?

do i need a sammy miller front downpipe? if so does this need shorterning? i dont wont to use a rubber sleeve to make the join as this looks a right mess! :(

also the oversized footrests and hangers that major suppliers are selling latley (the type where you have to grind of the original peg mounts to fit) i can see that you bolt the top part to the swingarm pivot but the bottom mount theres no thread to bolt to! just a long tube part of the chassis the only way i can see round this is to use 10mm 12" studding an bolt each bottom mount to each end of this?

The Sammy Miller front pipe and WES system will go straight onto a Majesty without having to shorten the Miller pipe but it might need a bit of juggling to get the whole system to then sit 'straight' and follow the horizontal line of the bike. You may find it wants to slope downward slightly towards the rear due to the engine being lifted in the frame. Also, depending on whether yours is the Yam or Godden frame, the back of the middle silencer may need an indentation to clear the fram tube in order to get the slilencer to sit flusher into the bike. I think it is the Godden fram as the WES system was designed otiginally for a normal TY250 which obviously has the Yam frame.

Sorry, can't help with how to fit the WES to existing front pipe.

I've not seen any bolt on footrest hangers for a TY250 on sale - are you sure you aren't looking at TY175 items which are bolt on hangers as standard I think. If yours is a Yam framed Majesty, it is possible to make bolt on hangers to which new brackets can be welded by using the following mounting points. Cut off old brackets flush with frame and drill and tap what is left to 8mm. Weld a solid piece of bar into the lower frame cross tube that you have already mentioned and drill and tap to 8mm which will give you 2 mounting points for a bolt on plate to which brackets can then be welded.

The WES exhaust on a Yamaha TY250 twinshock frame is intended to have a rubber joint between the front pipe and the main exhaust section. If you don't want that, why not weld a steel sleeve the right diameter onto the front pipe so they will slip together?

A photo showing the WES exhaust on a TY250 and also a photo of the footpeg mod you are asking about can both be seen on the B&J racing website.

http://www.bjracing.com/

Your bottom frame tube has no threaded end because it is an A model TY250 frame. B and later model frames have a thread in the end of that tube which is there to allow fitment of an alternate footpeg kit made by Yamaha for trail riding.

Edited by feetupfun