Bonjour

bigplonker

Er, just joined. So, apparently, the next step is to introduce myself...

Well, I'm an old (60!) trials fart who used to wobble around in the SE Centre as a member of the Sunbeam Club, most recently on a 250 Greeves (but before that, various Bultacos, a Jim Susans HT5 Ariel, etc., etc.,). Then, last year, I emigrated to France. Having sold my Greeves before moving, I then found myself trials-bike-less for the first time in about forty years. Suddenly realising that life was hardly worth living without a trials bike, I started looking around... Spotted a mint 250 RTL Honda on French eBay going for about five grand. Tempting, but decided it was a bit pricey and it'd be a shame to wreck it in a trial. Also, I vaguely understood that there was some kind of French twinshock series. Obviously the RTL wouldn't qualify. So I eventually snapped up a mint (absolutely mint - only done 90 miles and never been trialled - lucky me!) 340 Bully from England. Again, it will be a crying shame to wreck it in a trial. But I'm prepared to do so... IF I can discover more about this rumoured French twinshock series.

Anyone know anything about it? Or who to contact?

Any info gratefully received.

PS - Shall now attempt to add photos (just for the hell of it - and to see if this 'add photos' thingie works!) of my old Greeves and a KT250 that I rebuilt. (Just checked 'preview post' and photos don't seem to have loaded. Seems I'm as good with computers as I am with trials riding!)

post-3348-1159176801.jpg

post-3348-1159177199.jpg

• 2 weeks later...