How Do You Do A "wrap In Quote"?

steveo

I think it goes:

Copy your line of quote

Click the " button

Paste your text

Close with the " button

Seems to work for me

When replying and wanting to include a full or partial quote,what are the steps,

Well nevermind that then!

Edited by copemech

easiest way I find is click the quote button on the bottom of the post you are going too quote then remove any of the unwanted text via the magic of deletion! or you can do it the way copemech says:

When replying and wanting to include a full or partial quote,what are the steps

or of course a combination of the two if you wish too quote more than once in the same post

Edited by barrybaines

When you click on the reply button it puts the information at the top of your box as you would have no doubt noticed.

In this post, you will see quote name='steveo' date='Sep 25 2006, 11:02 PM' post='94951' (inside brackets []). This tells the forum software that this is the start of the quote....

You can then cut out the text you dont want then at the end you will then need to put the end of quote tag /quote (inside brackets [])

When replying and wanting to include a full or partial....

Not many people know this but when doing it like this, you will notice a little squirly return arrow on the quote box. If you click on this it takes you back to the original post it was taken from. :wacko:

If you just want to do a normal quote then clicking on this image quote.gif at the top of the text box will put in the quote start tag. Then when you have finished typing/pasting in the text, click on it again and it will put in the end of quote tag.

You get a plain quote box like this

Hope this helps :guinness: