Big Trailer!

hop blip and a jump

How are they getting by you if they are only doing 80? ;)

I must say, I have been doing 70 or so and had the Team Sherco rig pass me at speed.......

Makes me want an F350 dually, Club Cab 4 door powerstroke too!!!!!!!! :hl:

I was just thinking of the trailer being built vs. my bike trailer. I run a 7X16 enclosed and think I have had 10 in it at a time, comfortably carry 6 fore and aft.

When it is time to unload at the nationals and lend a Sherco Hand, it is always amazing too me how many bikes come out of the big trailers.

But I do know what you are talking about with the trailers, in Germany last year going skiing I kept wanting to push on my brother in Laws foot and go faster, we were towing a trailer with all the ski's at some ridiculous low speed (100k comes to mind) down the autobahn...... Was having flashbacks to a VW bus on the autobahn with a brick on the accelerator as a cruise control. :P

Post a pic of your trailer if you get the chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Bike front wheels on the back of the trailer? That technically makes it two trailers you're towing, needing not only a class one HGV license, but to comply with locomotive speed limits instead of HGV limits (35mph on A roads, 40mph on motorway). Ever wondered why the showmen/circus's potter round so slow? Not that their motors won't go any faster, they're not allowed to. I drive a HGV wrecker at work, and I've got to stick to the same rules ( wrecker, suspending the front of an artic unit which is towing a trailer makes it me towing two trailers).

• 4 weeks later...

Biggest difference to us here in England (uk) is that when we go to France there is apparently no speed limit on towing. To see a couple of bikes come by at 80mph is strange to say the least.

My Polo hit 108mph with 3 bikes on the trailer, but it was under exceptional circumstances.

Chicken Tikka Garlic Chilli Massala with extra Chilli on the Saturday night - long early trip down to Merthyr for Welsh Championships on the Sunday morning.

I had to overtake the rest of the convoy in a bit of a hurry. :thumbup: Trailer handled well though :)

Back in the days when roads were quieter and policemen more sporting in outlook (can you hear the violins in the background?) my Renault 6 was quite happy at about 100 with three bikes behind.

The most impressive set-up then was the guy with a diesel Merc who towed five bikes behind plus one on a very heavy steel channel rack and a TY 80 in the boot. And yes all seven riders and their observer pals travelled in the car too. Not the fastest or most economical but certainly the longest braking distance!