Would You Like To Play A Game?

neonsurge

How about a nice game of Global Thermonuclear War?

I'm not much of a PC gamer but this is brilliant, exciting and totally horrific at the same time (the soundtrack is particuarly disturbing). The demo is fully featured but restricts the number of players (and it's only a tenner for the full version anyway).

Tic-Tac-Toe anyone?

Sadly, this game may become a reality before too long :lol:

Unlikely. ICBMs are a relic of the cold war. They're big, expensive and relatively easily dealt with by modern anti-missile technologies. If you're a rogue dictator with a hard-on for smiting the capitalist pigs, MIRV is no longer your friend.

It's much easier and cheaper to simply sail a boat with a couple of small nukes on board into a enemy harbour. Or wander into a city with a dirty bomb in a suitcase. That's where modern nuclear warfare is at. All this "my missle's bigger than your missile" stuff is just bull**** posturing really.

Back on the subject of the game, if you call your AI opponent "joshua", they become almost impossible to beat. Wonder where that came from? :thumbup:

Sadly, this game may become a reality before too long :lol:

Unlikely. ICBMs are a relic of the cold war. They're big, expensive and relatively easily dealt with by modern anti-missile technologies. If you're a rogue dictator with a hard-on for smiting the capitalist pigs, MIRV is no longer your friend.

It's much easier and cheaper to simply sail a boat with a couple of small nukes on board into a enemy harbour. Or wander into a city with a dirty bomb in a suitcase. That's where modern nuclear warfare is at. All this "my missle's bigger than your missile" stuff is just bull**** posturing really.

Back on the subject of the game, if you call your AI opponent "joshua", they become almost impossible to beat. Wonder where that came from? :o

Well, I wasn't actually expecting N Korea to come up with some ICBM's :lol: They are known not to have any missle delivery systems available anyway but could possibly drop some from a plane. If they can get near enough to a target that is !

Joshua !! Remember it well ..:thumbup: