One For Big "j"

charlie prescott

hi Guys

Hi Big "J".

Was flicking through copies of O.R.R. last night looking for a picture that I knew I had seen in one of the copies, came across the story of "Pathfinder Pollock" in volume 81/83.

Reading through the article,the conections with this part of Scotland began showing them selves again.

My parents met at work in the Northern Aluminium Company Factory in Banbury, now Alcan.

Turned the page and there was the picture with MST on again.

The picture of Ted Usher looked familiar,knew I had seen it before in the bookI had been given for Best Newcomer" in a local trial in 1962.

The book Max King's "Trials Riding". Found the picture on page 127, turned out to be different to the one in ORR though. Title of Picture "E Usher (347) Matchless, can't read all of the reg number ,but I think it starts with H?E or F 27?. the bike as a single sided brake hub that I do not recognise. was this a works bike too?

Two pages on in the book is a nice picture of the impurturbable Gordon Blackeway riding GOV131 in the SSDT.

I did find the picture I was looking for eventually in ORR No 54 Page 14. The only surviving "Jackson Oil In The Frame Tiger Cub" that the proprietor used to ride in the Scottish in the mid sixties. The Kit was on sale to the general public during this period and so was a production bike I think.

Hope this is some intrest to you. (Liked the article on the pathfinders a lot),

We used to do this on the Sunday before a local trial with the R and D chief from Alcan with his early Triumph Trophy that he had fitted S/Arm suspension on, at work.

Regards Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott

Hi guys .

Hi Big "J"

Thanks for the reply.

I've found that the more you dig through related Books, Mags, and the Net on the subject that you are reserching the more intresting it gets along with jolting your memory back to related subject.

I find the ORR books all a reference library, what a pity they discontinued. do you agree?

It needs some one with lot's of knowledge on the subject to take up the baton so to speak,

I'am sure something in the same format would sell well despite the publishing cost.

And I'am sure there are fans on the subject out there that would love to get involved.

What do you think?

Regards Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott