John Macc Trial Today

the addict

Big thanks to all involved organisers observers, fantastic trial, well-done all of you.

40 sections - 2 laps of twenty over quite a big lap in amazing countryside, me Ralph and The Goat Ryan did the 50/50 route which was perfect for us . Real variety of sections from mud/slippy to streams/steps/waterfalls all very ridable and no Geof Capes moments. Few ran out of fuel on the first lap, mainly gassers so the actual lap must have been quite long. Finished in about 5 and a half hours as it just started to lash it down.

Met Eiger on here, he can ride that TY with the best of them as well, and had a few good chats with some of the observers. Had a ***** first 10 sections mainly due to not engaging the brain into stream mode but after those first ones things got a lot better and didn

Evening

Quality day out, even for me and Tom (observing sects 4 & 5) I think we rode over every single rock in that field 30 times each throughout the day ;-) must have been giving the bike some proper hammer as my chain gave up the ghost and smashed into my flywheel casing, wasn't nice pushing back up to the car :-S

Top day all in all, a relatively small field as BR3 said but it meant I managed to get home before totally drowning haha :guinness:

Just like to say a big thanks to everyone who helped run this trial for us. Its really nice to see riders like Andy -290 and Tom and youth riders observing and giving up a Sunday ride (even if they do get a bit of free practise).To help the club.

I have not been able to help this year due to family illness so a big thanks to every committee member and plenty of others as well, who pulled out all the stops on this one.

Surprised to hear of riders running out of fuel, I am sure we have had a bigger lap in previous years; you can blame me there as I assured everyone who asked on the phone they would be OK.

Little disappointed at the entry we always clash with the Scott, so can't use that as an excuse, will have to publicize it more next year, including on here.

Results are on club website, just realised I've got the numbers mixed up on the 50/50 route, will fix in morning.

Great day out, good mix of sections too. Nice to meet others like Betarev3 from further afield. As Mac says its good to see other club members giving up their day to observe like Andy and Tom along with all of the others, not an easy task to get 20 observers so well done to Terry and a big thanks to the volunteers. Probably cut it a bit fine setting out as it was a bit of a rush on Saturday but everyone got on with it and it was sorted just as it went dark!

I rode round with Mac last year and missed an ends card early on, but got away with it although I was reminded every ten minutes until Mac missed one and got away with it!!

All the best to the family Mac.

Eiger

Cheers all great day and a good mix of sections.

Andy if i had know that was you on section 4 i would have done at bit of ar#e licking to see if you would have changed that 5 you gave, a bit harsh i think. Do you expect us southern tarts to go the rightside of every marker.

I could of stayed in that field for a while as well with all those rocks.

Eiger nice to see you as well, do you cable tie your feet on the old pinky because i saw your chin touch your leavers a few times and you still didn,t put ya foot down.

Cheers all (the blind one)

Edited by Ralph

Ralph If Eiger's chin was on the handle bars he probably say something shiney on the ground and thought it was a penny. His riding skills are on a par with his unwillingness to spend money.

I never missed an end's card in the John mac last year, just took about twenty minutes and a few backward moves getting up one of those rocks in Andys field after nose diving into it, and still got away with a three.

That 07 pro looking more likely to be purcashed now so might so hopefully I will be out at the John Mac next year.

Ralph, I dont cable tie my feet to the pegs I just drink copious amounts of alcohol the night before which makes me think I am in control when the bike is obviously out of control. It also makes me relaxed for when I hit the ground when I do have the inevitable crash!

Mac got away with loads of fives last year, on one section he stopped in the middle, had a brew and a butty and the observer gave him a clean! The pro 07 he's talking about will be coming at a cheap price, he's been to the bike shop every day they are giving it away to get rid of him!

Eiger

Eiger,

Dad who we ride with had a pinky up an till about 4 years ago and that thing would go anywhere. He pi#sed around with it for years to make it more snappy mod this mod that but up those streams it was ace.

He said he rode it well because of the lack of power so he never got left behind, we all had new and powerful bikes and he still got up more steps than us.

Ralph, just rebuilt the engine on the Yam including TY270 barrel and head the barrel has a shortened inlet tract. I've also lowered the pegs by about half an inch and fitted hebo pegs. Superb bikes but it runs worse than standard barrel, great bikes though.

Ralph

Eiger beat me to it, but if you new the man well you never even suggest he might take the 2p out of his purse.

There was a rumour he got a round in at the local back when the yam was the the bike but personally I have my doubts.

And another thing them cable ties are expensive items, so another no no for eiger.

Wulf gear rules.

Mac

All this talk about money makes me sweat, I did buy a round once, it was for quite a few people too but I was only in hospital a few days so it wasnt that bad!

Wulf gear is the way to go, you too will be wearing it soon and as for cable ties well rope is a lot cheaper.

PS the cops at Macc are on the lookout for a yellow diesel van driven by either a Mr Smith, Jones or Brown, a well known drug courier who is known to use a variety of aliases. A strip search will be required and these boys are known to be a bit rough!!

Regards Eiger!

Macc is this about right,

Cable ties - Bailing twine

Buy a round - Just off to the gents lads.

Latest trial gear - Dog trianning boiler suit with holes or Wulf

Bog paper - TMX (sorry)

Eiger to the wife,

Eiger : Darling i am off out get your coat,

Wife : Eiger darling am i coming with you,

Eiger : No love i'm turning the fire off,

Or

Wife - Hand.

Sounds just like Dad Macc. He never has a dab he's to tight.