186mph

spud

Was riding home this evening (not on me Raga 300cc :( ) following a Suzuki Hayabusa. As my thoughts turned to what this Suzuki would do top speed it dawned on me the busa was restricted!. So why have Suzuki and other manufacturers restricted there super bikes to 186mph? The cars are restricted to in some cases to 155mph, and I seem to remember years ago there was an agreement to limit horse power on the bikes to 125bhp (about the same as me Raga :D ) So why this odd speed 186mph limit?

the only thing i can think of is the average police helicopter does 186mph - but this can't be right

Edited by spud

They are only restricted from 2001/2002, the 99/2000 models are "full fat", ie 196MPH

I know, cos i've got one, and, yes, they are reasonably nippy :D

It allways makes me laugh when some boy racers in imprezas, evos etc, etc try and have a go from the lights or on the road, especially as they become an ever increasing dot in the mirrors by the time i get to 4th (of 6) gears, what fun!! :hl:

They are only restricted from 2001/2002, the 99/2000 models are "full fat", ie 196MPH

I know, cos i've got one, and, yes, they are reasonably nippy :hl:

It allways makes me laugh when some boy racers in imprezas, evos etc, etc try and have a go from the lights or on the road, especially as they become an ever increasing dot in the mirrors by the time i get to 4th (of 6) gears, what fun!! :D

you mean :D