Stolen Bike

mike harvey

:D Last week some toerag pinched my Armstrong CMT310 from my house in Derby. I've been totally underwhelmed by the response from the police (Nil). Still, I suppose it's my fault for owning a trials bike in the first place. It was road registered, but had no lights, though I guess the number plate will be long gone. I know it's not the greatest trials bike ever built, but I liked it and I'm mighty ticked off. There are numerous identifying features, so if anyone is offered one, perhaps you'd be so kind as to give me a call before parting with your hard earned. My number is 07989 592796.

Thanks, Mike.

Sorry to hear that Mike,

I hope you get reunited with your bike again before too long, and hopefully in the same condition.

I think you will stand more chance on here than relying on help from Officer Dibble and Co.

As you say it's your fault for not keeping it in an underground bunker!! :D

Yeah,

Ebay was my first port of call. Bu**er me if the first twin shocker I spotted wasn't a CMT310!. As we all know, they're only marginally less commom than a Mondeo, but alas, this one was an '84, with the big 'A' sticker on the tank. I know I'll most likely never see it again, but it's good to know you guys sympathise or have been there yourselves.

Thanks.

Bad news Mike, sorry to hear it,

I had my (then) pride and joy Gasser nicked in '93 and it was found in Colchester 2 years later by the Plod. It showed up on the Police National Computer as nicked. I subsequently bought it off the insurance company as salvage, tidied it up and sold it on at a price reflecting it history, so sometimes they do re-appear.

I've got a CMT320 and really like it, hard enough to find bits for them without some low life nicking it & who doesn't really know what the've got.