Xbox 360 With Crt Pc Monitor?

felix

I know pretty much nothing about displays and so I need some avice.

When I get my Xbox 360 at Christmas I was just going to run it on my 14 inch SDTV DVD Combi, however I have recently found out that I could connect up a CRT computer motior to it via the VGA HD AV Cable, would this give much better picture quality over my TV/DVD Combi ?

My computer monitor is a Compaq S710, it's highest resolution is 1280 x 1024, but if I could get another second hand on the cheap I may consider getting a better one.

Also what's the difference between VGA and SVGA, I think my monitor is SVGA, does this matter?

I'm guessing I would also need to get another set of PC speakers and connect those up too, how would I do that, is it the same cable?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

p.s reading a faq over on the xbox forums it says:

"The 1280x1024 resolution will only be available for selection if you have connected your Xbox 360 to Xbox Live."

Why is this, I wouldn't be able to connect to xbox live as I dont have broadband, does this mean I wouldn't be able to to use my monitor at 1280 x 1024, would 1024 x 768 still be an improvemant over my normal TV.

Sorry for the long post, but I really need some help, I have asked at the XBox forums bu they're not the friendliest bunch...

Hi,

If you want to use a computer monitor you will need to purchase a suitable cable. The cables supplied won't give you what you need i.e. XBOX360 to 15-pin VGA connector.

Do a search on Ebay for "XBOX 360 VGA cable".

Don't worry about VGA, SVGA, XGA.....you've already said your monitor is capable of 1280*1024.

About Xbox Live limitations.......I can't see that at all!

Ian.