John Shirt Disc Conversion

g4321

Does anyone have the alloy bracket used to mount the calliper for the Shirt front disk conversion as used on a TY250 mono?

I have just picked up a conversion set from a TY in which the mounting bracket has broken, I may be able to make something up but it would save a lot of hastle if I could get a replacement bracket.

I intend to fit the brake to a TLR250 Golner Honda, supposedly they are a direct fit.

Gordon

:thumbup:

There's a Talon Yamaha Bracket on e bay No 130063978521

Thanks for the info, this differs from the one I am looking at (or have got to look at - its try before you buy time), this is located on the front wheel spindle and uses the locating 'bar' or tag for the brake drum to hold the calliper in place. this one is stamped Shirty and uses a Grimerca twin piston calliper.

I only got it this afternoon and have thrown in in to a shed along with the bike.

don't think they fit as easily as that, the one I had on my drum braked RTL had a modified plate.

John M may be correct - I will confirm when I have looked at it properly but I would rather avoid making a steel bracket from scratch, which I have the equipment to do if necessary because the Honda is heavy enough as it is!

Edited by g4321

Unfortunately the Shirt Conversion is a no-go on the TLR unless you are prepared to modify the forks (which I am not, essentialy the wheel hub is too wide for the tLR forks and the disk wont pass the mounting lug for the brake plate.

back to the drawing board i guess.

The locating lug is in a different position to the TY and i would have had to make up a new mounting plate but since the wheel hub is too wide I dont think I will bother.