Pegasus Trial At Stainby

tone

Hi T'

Don't know what kind of ground is at Stainby, but you can bet it's going to be wet; from weather.co.uk:

stainby.JPG

So hopefully for your sake, not MUD!! :D

See you there bright and early (and wet....)

Cheers mate

Andy

Hi Andy

As I sais last week "i ate mud, rocks, climbs, drop offs", but just still gota do it...

I have heard that its a bit like Stibbington but in an old sand quary.

See ya there

Edited by Tone

Yeah, I think there were 18 people. We were split into two groups depending on what you fancied trying.

It's been absolutely chucking it down all day down here - and you know what Guy's farm is like, so it just turned into a complete mudbath, just like Brickhill sections 8-10.

Good practise, but very tiring! Hopefully my kit will be dry by tomorrow!

Hi Stu! Good to hear from you, how is the hand?

The trial today was very enjoyable!

Whether it was a good plan or not I'm still undecided, but we both rode the hard route and most of the sections were possible for us, with the exception of section two;

We had to cross a ditch which was two 4x4 wheel tracks, one lower than the other, but the bank the other side was almost a bike length high and the ground was clay/mud. Because of a tight turn before the drop, you can't run up and jump!

Chas Lee and Olly Wareing both cleaned it once or twice (didn't see them unfortunately) but there were plenty of fives from riders going backwards down into the rut. Tony and I were not alone!! Promise!

Now my questionable drawing skills to come to the fore;

ditch.JPG

We both had two attempts at it, but I still can't quite see how to do this one!

The other sections were challenging but rideable. I felt as though I rode well. Tony and Olly both gave me some very helpful advice.

I definitely made quite a few mistakes where I know I could do better - But then, I say that after EVERY trial...

With regard to Mal, it's got to be MJE! - http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index.php?showuser=4026

Cheers!!

Andy

Edited by AndyE

Pleased you enjoyed it. You must be giving Tone a few tips by now though :):) ..(hee-hee..hope he's reading this)

I expect you're right about Mals user name...I'll look out for his first posts!

I think with regard to the ditch, I'd have wound the bike off ..launched it across the whole lot, and let go, just before it gets nasty.! :)

Hope to see you soon...best wishes..STU

Steady on Stu...your only jelouse......Excellent trial thouroughly enjoyed it even though Andy's knitting needle counter gout into three digits. So I think it worth giving all the guys at the Pegasus club a big thankyou for an excellenbt trial and special thanks to the observers who must have been frozen for manning all the sections right up to the end.

Andy's artistic creation is pretty good spose welll have to nickname him Picasso....

T'

Stu

Oh I forgot to mention that on section two there were a few broken mud guards including mine, but a bit more gaffer tape and you woudn't know. Mal's username is MJE but I think he will require some gentle persuasion to log on.

Whats on for next weekend, KK, Ags, Top F, Bewdley or somewhere else?

T'

Edited by Tone