Sherco Rear Mudguard

anyhill

Does any of you Sherco owners have a photo of a 99/00 rear mudguard (off the bike) that you could send me (or add to this post). I ride a 95 Beta Techno 250 and the rear mudguard is made of very brittle plastic, therefore always breaks. Apparantly the above mudguard should be able to fit (see pic on recent beta post).

Is this mudguard very flexible? From a photo i might see if i'm able to convert it so that it fits my bike. Any help greatly appreciated.

the mudguard off the y2k sherco does fit on the techno but requires cutting down around the seat area so that it tucks in under the tank plastic.

but if i were you i wouldnt bother with the sherco plastic for a number of reasons. people will take the p*** out of you for having a sherco/beta hybrid bike and it will never look as good as the original 95 beta mudguard. i think it would also be usefull to add that the sherco rear mudguard is alot more brittle than the techno's. Heres a pic of the 99 sherco

post-11-1081199743.jpg

any hill if you do do this bodge yor engine is mostly gonna get buggered because the sherco mudguard will not seal round were all the airbox is and you end up with dirt going through ya filter and into your engine and that aint good

• 3 weeks later...

One solution for the brittle plastic was discovered by a member of our club. First, he would cut a new fender where it would usually break. Then connect the two parts togther using floor matting from horse trailers (thick rubber mat type material). This matting is strong enough to hold the fender level under mormal riding, while allowing it to flex when crashing.