Madrid Classic Bike Show

greeves

This Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Madrid we have the classic bike show.

A good friend has been preparing a Spanish Pre-65 bike for the last year as a Top Secret. Nobody new what he was working on. Today I took 2 of my Bultacos to the show for sale, and there was my friend preparing his bike in a stand covered with a canvas. I beg him hundred times to show me the bike before tomorrow, and at last he said yes.

What I saw there was the most beautifull trials bike I have ever seen, thousands of hours of work and so much love to trials into it. And he says it works perfectly

What an exquisite Motor Cycle. I am so in awe of not just your bikes but the incredible high standard of the bike that you have shown us over the past year.

To say i am green with envy would be the understatement of the year.

May little efforts pale into insignificance and i would love to have been able to fly over to see the show.

Would have felt like going to heaven.

One year i must try to get to see the Robregordo Trial as well.

So many things to do so many beautiful motor cycles soooooo little time.

Thank you greeves for shareing so many memories with us :hyper:

I really must get an MAR i really must :D

Mr. Old Trials Fanatic: Your words are nice. Thank you. This Ossa beauty will race in Robregordo 2007 driven by my friend.

I have just read the next from you profile:

Interests: Motor Cycles, Skiing, Cars, Gardening, Fish, Drinking and Women but sometimes in a different order.

I have some good friends in Derbyshire, and know the place. Good place to live. About your interests, we share all of them, but not exactly in that order in my case.

You are most wellcome to Robregordo whenever you decide to come. Just let me know in advance to help you with your arrangements here. I am lucky enough to have an entry for the Scottish pre-65 (racing with a British bike of course), so

Senor Greeves, down here in the southern hemisphere even though we have some shows we don't get the great shows that you get, so please forgive me if I ask again for you to share more photographs of any of the great bikes at the Madrid Classic Bike show. I'm sure many classic trials fans will enjoy them as much as I do.

Wow thats some toy cupboard :D

I know Spain is the country of their birth but so many bikes and in such beautiful condition.

I used to think it could never happen over here but at the last Malvern show i did notice a few Trials bikes which had been restored to "as new" condition. Some like the "works" Bultacos of JR and Vesty on Dave Renhams Bultaco stand are as last used. This is a good thing because if they were ever messed about with all that "history" would dissapear.

The condition and depth of models is a tribute to the Spanish peoples obvious passion for Trials and off road Motor Cycles.

You are so lucky to live in a country that celebrates it's Motor Cycling heritage unlike in the UK where they seem determined to legislate it into oblivion.

Thank you for sharing those photos the bikes are a credit to their owners. :hyper: