Ariel Riders Are Such Nice People

old trials fanatic

Firstly a big big thank you to a rider of an Arial today. If not for him i would probably still be on my back at Edensfield, what a total 5h1thole that place is, today.

Brings home the old adage "Never go practising alone".

Freak accident really came over a blind crest between sections, down a bank, hit a log, went over bars and somehow managed to get the bar end. throttle AND brake lever down the inside of my boot. Trapped under the bike i couldnt move. Luckily the guy on the Arial who was following me, bad move i'm usually lost, managed to stop on the crest. Thought i was going to break me leg but finally managed to move the bike enough to get under the boot and loosen the buckles but there was no way i could even reach the buckles without help.

So thanks again mate if you are reading this and the rest of you when you go practising take somebody with you. It might just save your life sometime.

I'll never go practising on my own again after this.

Edensfield is STILL a 5h1tty dump though :banana2:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....Glad to hear you are OK, OTF, I don't know the Ariel rider but lucky for you he was on the scene quickly. I was at Edensfield today too, for the first time since 1972 I think, and what a boggy maze it is, I got lost looking for 9 and 10 every lap.

Do you know what happened to the young lad observing on section 3? On my 3rd lap he told me I had finished then last time around he and all the markers had gone! This evening I was told that the section might have been scrapped but not sure.

I think we should give a big thanks to all the observers and organisers today for sticking it out in truly 'orrid conditions. Well done Middland Classics..

Hi Westy yes seconded about the observers. I ALWAYS make a point of thanking al the observers and thanking Jean and Chris.

First time i have ever rode at Edensfield and probably the last i hate all that mud. Strangely the sections were by and large ok but trying to get between them was a "Trial" in itself. Reminds me of Teversal and i hate that place too.

The lads score card disintegrated when it got wet so the section was scrubbed.

To be truthful i lost interest after the first lap just wanted to get it over and done with and get home.

I know Pete Elvedge was loving it. He always likes it when it's slippy and there is no grip.

Your Cheetah was going well. Nice bike.

Probably see you at Youlgrave next weekend. Assuming i can get up the access road. Took me three goes last time. :banana2:

"Probably see you at Youlgrave next weekend. Assuming i can get up the access road. Took me three goes last time."

Yes, Youlgreave is looking good, I've been up there today setting sections with Mick, Ged and Derek. It is surprisingly dry under the trees and the access track seams to have had the mud washed off it recently. One or two new sections with plenty of moss covered loose rocks though! If there are any complaints then it was DEREK who kept making it tighter and steeper!! If it was up to me, we would all be doing the easy route! But Mick's experience has given a good balance for everyone I think.

If you know any observers then encourage them along as with a couple of other trials on in the area we could be struggling...

ps, Pete Elvidge tells me he is moving up to the "expert" route!