Citroen Berlingo

frontroomautos

Hello all, can anyone tell me if a trials bike fits into a Citroen Berlingo van, i dont expect to be able to ride it in of course but can it be positioned inside without taking bits of the bike? The reason i ask is that i have noticed a very good deal on a nice one that is local to me. I can not take a bike round to try it as i am currently without one & will buying one next month. I have looked at load space but what i need is for someone to be able to tell me that knows as you cant beat good first hand advice, cheers Andy.

Yes you can definitely get one in a berlingo, just put it in diagnolly accross the back. You will not need to remove anything from the bike. I think you can even get 2 in with a bit of crafty positioning.

That seems hopeful for the Berlingo van then, do you have to put the front wheel on full lock or do you place the rear wheel to the opposite side of the vehicle to the front wheel. Thats very good of your wife to allow it good on ya.

I think you have had your question answered, but I put the front wheel across the back of the passenger seat (and folded rear seat) and the rest of the bike diagonally across the back. The rear wheel goes in behind the door frame with a bit of a shove. If I took the rear seats out it would go in easy.

Cheers Arun, It appears that it could be the van to go with but how easy is it for you to fit it in while ducking down etc , i know its got to be a bit of bend and shove but is it reasonable without being a contortionist and without bending plastics all over the place-I know the answer could be - well get a Dispatch then but if at all possible i would rather not -if its a reasonably straight forward loading affair i would get the Berlingo, cheers

Two of anything modern fits in the Berlingo Multispace no bother, paradoxically the van may be more difficult as it has the metal barrier across behind the seats. I recommend putting a strap round the bars and fork ends to compress the forks so the bars don't fight with the roof lining in the car - makes it much easier to load. I don't think I really tried putting the bike in without removing a rear seat but once removed and greased the mounting bolts are easy to undo if you really need to replace the seats for use through the week.