Disc Guard

essex rider

Clever me decided i would break my disc guard on sunday :D

So, ive ordered another one (07 one looks better) and was wondering how to actually fit it??

1st bolt is simple, but its the one in the bottom of the fork leg that has me stumped, it seems all the oil will come out if removed, will this happen? if so is it just simply removing fork leg and turning upside down?

Any help much appreciated

First lay down underneath the fork leg.

Now get up (slowly if over 30 and taller than 6' so as to not get rush to brain) and go round to the left hand side of the bike. Now go back to rhs and get safety glasses as hard to find once oil already in eyes, and forearm is caught in spokes of wheel as bike topples off stand. While you are at it find a bucket as if not useful for nauseous feeling it may still may be handy later on.

While laying on the ground (on your back this time) and looking up you should be able to see the tiny (read 'easy to lose') 4mm SHCS, and also catch sight of the muck up under the front mudguard, which will decide to drop in your eye as soon as you try to loosen the screw. (This procedure assumes guard mounting screw is still in place)

Unscrew 4mm SHCS and remove the two flat washers that should be installed on either side of the disk guard lower mounting tab.

Do not unscrew the 10mm SCHS that the 4mm SHCS screws into as removal will drain the fork oil,

and then you will be well and truly scr ....atching for aforementioned bucket.

Caution: The preceeding can be an especially dangerous procedure if fork air breather cap was not previously vented of built up pressure from crash that caused initial guard failure.

:D