Duluth

29r

But of course there is !

www.worldroundusa.com

Anyways , I was going to check on campsites/lodging available .

Haven't decided if I'm riding or driving . ( Tent / Trailer...eerr well maybe a nice cozy room ) :wacko:

Any other Michiganders headed that way? Windfall ?

Edited by 29r

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be up there in the campsite with you Scott, should you decide to camp. Stop in for a beer.

I'm also a section captain for one of the WOTA sections, which will be a new experience for me.

--

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe

Senior Support Engineer, Macromedia

Flash Senior Escalation Engineer

Owner, MEGAMO MIDWEST - Now selling Megamo Biketrial Bikes! Support TEAM MEGAMO MIDWEST!

Webmaster: http://www.wisconsintrials.org, http://www.madisonmotorcycleclub.org, http://www.megamousa.com

Funny, people keep asking me that. "Where you been"?

I'll tell you all what I told Wayne thais this morning (copy/paste....) Haven't really -gone- anywhere though. Just haven't had anything to say.. B)

I did go to Motorama in PA in February. Just to support my bicycle trials team. I didn't ride, just managed and hung out. I got to ride Paul Philbrick's brand-y new '04 Sherco. Sweeeeeeeet. But I don't think I have the budget for a new bike.. read on...

"I've been pretty quiet. Winter does that to me. I hibernate. Perhaps I should move to a warmer climate?

Of COURSE I'm still riding trials! Sort of. I sold my beta and I'm somewhat "in-between bikes". My wife and I are having a baby in July, and there were a lot of other things around the house that needed doing. So I had an opportunity to sell my Beta and I took it. I was thinking I'd replace it when I got my tax money, but I wound up paying bills with that.

So I'm on hold for this season, riding-wise. I am, however, very active in WOTA. I'm the Vice President this year. Just spent several days setting up our upcoming first trial at Cross Plains (this Sunday). I'm also a section captain for one of the WOTA world round sections. So I get to hold the yellow card...

So for this year I'm just organizing and planning for next year's riding and for having kid #5 (I have 3, my wife has 1, now we'll have the final one together.) Hope for a boy!

Other than that I've got a garage full of project bikes that I've had for YEARS that really need attention. So thats my biggest motorcycle goal for 2004: Get those projects done..

I've got a '70 Triumph T100C (single carb 500) that I've had since 1992! It's been apart since then too! That thing deserves the love. I'm looking to redo it as a vintage enduro bike/ice racer. It was running when I took it apart, just a matter of money and motivation to get it back into some kind of shape again.

After that there's a mid 80's XR100 basket case that I supposedly "bought for the kids" a few years ago. That's the one I'm working on mostly right now. Not quite sure what I'm gonna do with it. But XR100' are great flattrack training bikes, and that's something I'm interested in (there is more to motorcycling than trials! I like to be diverse...)

Also am picking up an XR75 that doesn't need anything. The kids can ride that as soon as I get it..

Oh, and there's a '75 RD350 street racer project in there somewhere too.

And this is after I SOLD some bikes before I moved to WI!!! It's a disease!!

So trials-wise I probably won't ride until next season. I'm supposed to be looking at a very nice vintage Fantic this weekend. I'm trying to decide if I want to come back next season riding modern or possibly spend a year riding vintage. I have an old house that needs a lot of work, so I'm trying to be careful about where I spend my money.."

--

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe

Senior Support Engineer, Macromedia

Flash Senior Escalation Engineer

Owner, MEGAMO MIDWEST - Now selling Megamo Biketrial Bikes! Support TEAM MEGAMO MIDWEST!

Webmaster: http://www.wisconsintrials.org, http://www.madisonmotorcycleclub.org, http://www.megamousa.com

Good to here from you Bent !

I can appreciate your plight , I've spent the winter on a **#!! 36 year old , money pit car project ! Being that the weather has finally broke ( and I threatened Al B. that I might just show up ) I have to shift gears and get the Ol' Sherco ready to go !

Anyway , lookin' forward to see'in you at Duluth and I'm sure for more than just a Beer . ;)

P.S. Hopefully they won't have quarantine the Porta-Jons as a result of Team Full Monty! B)

>>Funny, people keep asking me that. "Where you been"?

"If you've got nothing to say: say it!" Nice for us outside Wisconsin to know you're still around. Took the trials bike out to an enduro today, ostensibly to sell the sport and was greeted by "why aren't you riding?". Said I was, but on the trials bike. That frightened a few! Good to see some old faces though.

>>"I've been pretty quiet. Winter does that to me. I >>hibernate. Perhaps I should move to a warmer >>climate?

Good idea, I'll second that! Warm summers. Moderate but wet winters. Temp never goes below 5 Celcius. Stable democracy too <G>.

>I've got a '70 Triumph T100C (single carb 500) that >I've had since 1992! It's been apart since then too! >That thing deserves the love. I'm looking to redo it as >a vintage enduro bike/ice racer. It was running when I >took it apart, just a matter of money and motivation to >get it back into some kind of shape again.

Mark Evans on Discovery renovated a '71 T120 Bonnie. Worth getting on disc.