Sherco Frame Numbers.

john.b

Can anybody tell me how you tell the year of a bike by it's frame number. My 2004 bike that I've just sold had TR4 in the middle of the frame number so I thought that would denote the year. However I've just picked up a brand new 07 from my dealer supplied by MRS and it's frame number is TR6, surely 2007 bikes should be TR7. Only picked up on it when I got home and dealer has shut early today for a trial so hoping you guys can put me straight. Thanks.

On Shercos the digit 8 places from the end signifies the year of manufacture, whereas most bikes that digit represents the model year. Sherco's are weird like that. You can rest assured that your bike is an "07" it was just bult in "06". Your "04" matched up because it was built in "04".Over here in the states this creates a problem when registering a bike with the local officials. The computer system red flags these numbers because the model year does not match what the frame numbers should be.

Edited by motofire