Neo-trialoglodite

jimbo

Hello fellow trials rider. My name is James and I am addicted to Trials. I got my first taste while huffing 2 stroke in a buddies garage several months ago and I can't help myself. I went on a binge this weekend at the Trials Training Center and placed 5th in the novice on a Fantic 301. I'm afraid that methedone won't help me with this one, so like most addicts, I'm going to pass this habit along to my family. I have a ten year old daughter and a 14 month old son who will soon be corrupted by the clean air, sunshine and endorphine producing physical exertion that can only be had by doing something as deceptively addictive as pure uncut trials. I went 39 years and nearly 500,000 miles on streetbikes before I discovered this wonderful sport, so I'm hoping God gives me many more years to enjoy this "New" discovery with my wife and kids and the seemingly great people who are involved in this wonderful sport of trials.

Best wishes to all, stay safe, have fun.

Jimbo

Edited by Jimbo

Hello fellow trials rider. My name is James and I am addicted to Trials. I got my first taste while huffing 2 stroke in a buddies garage several months ago and I can't help myself. I went on a binge this weekend at the Trials Training Center and placed 5th in the novice on a Fantic 301. I'm afraid that methedone won't help me with this one, so like most addicts, I'm going to pass this habit along to my family. I have a ten year old daughter and a 14 month old son who will soon be corrupted by the clean air, sunshine and endorphine producing physical exertion that can only be had by doing something as deceptively addictive as pure uncut trials. I went 39 years and nearly 500,000 miles on streetbikes before I discovered this wonderful sport, so I'm hoping God gives me many more years to enjoy this "New" discovery with my wife and kids and the seemingly great people who are involved in this wonderful sport of trials.

Best wishes to all, stay safe, have fun.

Jimbo

Welcome matey

Jimbo,

I to have only recently(2 years) "discovered" trials. I have heard lots of motorcycle sports called "family oriented". But trials is truly that. I had my 9 year old( a very small 9) start on a sherco 50. They both survived and he is now riding a beta 80. The crew at the TTC put my son and I both on an accellerated learning curve the day before our first event, the 05 58k at the TTC. I guess that is why I like trials so much, you have to study the riding techniques and practice practice practice! My son has ridden mx and hare scrambles, but he is excited about riding trials. Me too!

Jimbo,

I to have only recently(2 years) "discovered" trials. I have heard lots of motorcycle sports called "family oriented". But trials is truly that. I had my 9 year old( a very small 9) start on a sherco 50. They both survived and he is now riding a beta 80. The crew at the TTC put my son and I both on an accellerated learning curve the day before our first event, the 05 58k at the TTC. I guess that is why I like trials so much, you have to study the riding techniques and practice practice practice! My son has ridden mx and hare scrambles, but he is excited about riding trials. Me too!

I'm thinking of expanding my msf RiderCoach credentials to the Dirtbike school, and if so, I'm going to have my daughter go thru the class as a student while I am taking the instructor certification. I'm not sure if 500k miles as a test rider for HD nor 6 years as an MSF instructor has prepared me for teaching kids the fundamentals of dirt riding, but I'm sure looking forward to the challenge. I'd really like to get more kids involved in motorcycle sports, and now I would have to say trials specifically. I am much enamored of the sport and the environmentt and the people. Hope I can find a way to help expose as many people, especially kids, to the sport as possible.

Look forward to seeing you back at TTC. Good luck and God bless

All beginers of any age should start riding with all the trials basics !!!!! The control and feel for the bike required for trials makes any form of riding a peice of cake ...

I may be able to meet you guys at TTC this summer ?

Or Shooting creek ?

Glenn