Front End Tuck?

jonathan collier

Just learning to ride the 290, 04 model. I'm experiencing a sort of over steer or tucking in of the front end during very tight, all most on the lock stops, turns. I've not fiddled with preload settings or damping (if there is any adjustment?) wondered if this could be dialled out? I ride novice B/C grade so no big steps or drop offs to contend with. Any advice appreciated.

JC, if anything, Sherco's have never had a problem "tucking" on turns. If anything it is quite the opposite!

Lean into the turn with your feet and straighten your inside arm while moving your weight(butt) outside!

You can open up the steering a bit and roll properly through the turn! More lean, more turn!

GO Practice! ;)

I was having the same problem when I started riding my "new" Cota 200. The front wheel just wouldn't stay on track, washing out or tucking under. Some local experts gave me the same advice, "Weight the outside peg", as Copemech just gave and PRESTO, problem solved. Now the bike turns amazingly, and with the practice Ive been getting the last few weekends, I can put the front wheel right where I want it and have it track right through a turn, even on very tricky roots and sidehills.