Tl Fork Seals

terry

I have a '74 TL125 and am trying to replace the fork seals. They are the non- adjustable type forks. The book dosn't say anything about removing the bolt in the bottom of the fork leg to remove the fork halves but I can't get them to pull apart. I have removed the clip in the top already. Do I have to remove the bottom bolt too? Does the bolt hold the dampening rod?

Terry, my book says to drain out the oil, take off the clip, put the slider in a soft jaw vice and pull hard on the fork tube using quick in and out strokes. Looks like the bottom bolt is just a drain plug.

yea, I saw that. Looks like mine started out as the adjustables and at some point in time somebody changed the caps. The bolt definately has to come out on mine. I am going to get a socket with a 6mm allen on it because it ain't comming out by hand. If I can get it sorted out, in my spare time (yea right), I might ride it this weekend at Clarksville.

I am checking Saturday but riding Sunday. If I get the TL going I am going to try it on the intermediate line. Not that I am that good but it should be fun. Who knows, it might do better than I think. I won't have to worry about gear selection at least, just leave it in first all day and sit down between sections!