Armac Frame For Bsa

pocket

I have seen some pictures of a few trick ARMAC frames for Cub's and was wondering if anybody does something similar for BSA's.

I have always had BSA's and have plenty of bits to build a C15G or a B40 up.

I am sorting out a bike at the minute to have a go again as not rode a trial for over 11 years!!!

Would like to have a fairly standard one and a really trick one to cover all options.

Anyone know what forks Thorpey has on his ? Certainly look pretty modern.

I have seen some pictures of a few trick ARMAC frames for Cub's and was wondering if anybody does something similar for BSA's.

I have always had BSA's and have plenty of bits to build a C15G or a B40 up.

I am sorting out a bike at the minute to have a go again as not rode a trial for over 11 years!!!

Would like to have a fairly standard one and a really trick one to cover all options.

Anyone know what forks Thorpey has on his ? Certainly look pretty modern.

There are only a couple of options other than a self modified std BSA frame as far as i know. Either the Sammy Miller one or Faber Frames. Both are oil in frame but are lighter than the std one have more ground clearence and more modern geometry. However some centers will only allow them as "specials" and neither as far as i know are elegable for the Scottish. Now that may or may not bother you but just a thought.

The forks in Thorpys bike i think are Marzocchi internals as are most competitive pre65 bikes nowadays. Some people use Betors from a Bultaco Ossa etc but they are getting hard to find and just a personal opinion here i would feel they are better kept to keep Bultacos Ossas running but thats just my opinion.

The Cub seems to bit better catered for than the BSA and i suppose ultimately, depending on how competitive you are, is once modified a more competitive Trials bike.

BSA C15 and B40 are cheap, relatively, fun though and if you have the bits why not. Enjoy :thumbup:

Edited by Old trials fanatic