Gas Gas To Scorpa

norfolk-35

my dads just got his new scorpa. He originaly had a GG 250 pro and swapped to a Beta which he couldn't get on with and i wouldn't even ride. He swapped after 4 months to his scorpa out of curiosity. It rides nice and the powers quite soft which he loves. He's commented that he thought his GG was prob the easiest to ride though!!!

Its just a minefield, I had made my mind up on a Beta and youve now put me off!! The last bike I owned was a gas gas, you lots of bad press about engine failures etc, put me off a bit.

Try a pro and a sherco.

Then try the scorpa.

If you fancy a fourstroke the scorpa sherco or 4rt may suit you.

what about a beta?

I really had set my mind on the Beta, the man below has put me off!! only joking. Im just lost at the mo, definetly not 4 stroke as im probably not ready for them yet. Do you ride a Beta?

Would recommend only 2 bikes that are designed to last more than 1 season. The SY 250 or a 2004 Montesa Cota 315.

That, I can full agree with. But, now that I have owned both a SY175F and SY250F, my list is growing.

• 4 weeks later...

My otherwise throughly reliable 02 Scorpa SY 250 R needs new seals so Im presently riding borrowed bikes; a 320 GG and a 290 Sherco. The Sherco feels lovely until it sees a hill, I just cant seem to steer it on the slopes and to keep the front down requires absolute accurate clutch control. The GG feels a bit like a tractor, sure it rides nice but I miss the precision of my Scorpa. Im definatly not a Yamaha fan, but if I switched bikes tomorrow I would definatly get another SY 250.

Edited by greggjflower

I went from a 97 Gas Gas 270 to a 2004 Beta 250. The beta is a very forgiving bike to ride the only reason i changed to a scorpa is becouse it has more power. Being 17 stone the beta used to struggle on the graded hill climes, loads of grip but lacked power to pull my 17stone. the scorpa has more power in every respect and i'm finnally getting used to it (Frount end seams to tuck under on tight turns) but the beta is the nicer ride.

Good luck

Dai John

My Scorpa SY250 probably isn't the best bike in the world, but it makes me look a lot better than I really am, so I enjoy riding it and that's the whole point of having a trials bike..... enjoyment!

I always had Gassers (300cc) up until '06 and fancied a change. Tried every make of bike and ended up buying a brand new '06 SY 250. Coming from a gas gas I found it took a bit of getting used to. Had to play a bit with the set up. Did the Jap race spec conversion to it and it was absolutly superb. Dont let anyone put you off telling you that they dont have enough power. That one of mine used to fly up anything. Rode Novogar Championship, various nationals including the Manx 2 day on the hard route. Never once did it let me down due to lack of power. It has to be the easiest bike to ride, the suspension is fantastic. No Maintenance. Just about everything you could want from a bike.

I dont think you would regret the move.

I always had Gassers (300cc) up until '06 and fancied a change. Tried every make of bike and ended up buying a brand new '06 SY 250. Coming from a gas gas I found it took a bit of getting used to. Had to play a bit with the set up. Did the Jap race spec conversion to it and it was absolutly superb. Dont let anyone put you off telling you that they dont have enough power. That one of mine used to fly up anything. Rode Novogar Championship, various nationals including the Manx 2 day on the hard route. Never once did it let me down due to lack of power. It has to be the easiest bike to ride, the suspension is fantastic. No Maintenance. Just about everything you could want from a bike.

Jools whats the Jap race spec conversion?

Jools whats the Jap race spec conversion?

Damo

Jap spec is same as Australian spec. More advanced timing and lighter flywheel than UK spec models.