Bultaco 350 199a Restoration Project Help Needed!

scotty

Hi Ive just dragged all the bits and pieces together to start the rebuild of my 199a BUT! The frames been shot blasted and primed and is ready for spraying! i could do this weve spray cans (ford electric blue!) or pay for it to be done in 2 pack or find someone to powder coat it in the correct blue this is where i came unstuck last time as the powder coater i use didnt have the correct blue (i didnt know the correct code?)

so it was sprayed in primer and left until now! also ive got a original seatcover for it but what a job to fit it on as the seats banana shaped i cant seem to get rid of the crease in the middle?( the seat foams good!) any tips on this?

also anyone got good results spraying the engine black? whats the best paint to use PJ1? is a primer needed first?

cheers Nick.

PJI make two paints I use-one is a barrell paint & the other is a semi gloss for "expansion" chambers. Both work well if the metal is clean & not greasy

Just a point, but before you paint that frame check the frame top tube for straightness. If you don`t know the bikes history, CHECK !

These bikes have often been used as paddock bashers . Sherpa frames can`t take too much motocrossing over jumps. If bent, take it to an expert

..........or you could do what we used to and thats losen off the engine bolts and jump off the biggest thing you dare or drive it into a (solid) brick wall. Strange but true!

Good idea Nigel.....but make sure you dont drive it into a brick wall at more than 30mph....like this example for sale in Italy.

bultaco.jpg