Estc John Hickling Trial Today

Just got back and wanted to say a big thanks to the Club/Observers and everyone involved in the Trial today. :banana2:

Cant beleive I have never rode there before or even heard of the place untill recently, 140 mile round trip was worth every metre of the travelling.

The site is quite large and reminded me of Hawksnest in places, biggish step/boulders all very grippy even though it tonked it down all day and the ground stays grippy and doesnt carry up onto the rocks. Nice mixture of sections including logs,steps,big rocks,stream and slippy banks, the course setters did a brilliant job setting out considering what happened when the skies opened this morning. Parking is the best I have ever seen, loads of hard standing and plenty of room.

Big entry for a club Trial, probably due to how well the Trials are run and the venue being so well sorted out, the level of riders was really impressive especially the youth riders and I did see a few Experts who must have been under ten or even clean possibly.

Rode the first lap with Gizza5 on here, he was showing the young uns the way most of the day :moon: and especially on section one first time round where a sneaky new line got him a great clean where the hop skip and jump boys struggled to get through. Good job he went before me as it was without doubt the best route to line up for the rooty turn. Hope to see you over there for the two day Gizza, and great to meet you today.

Queues were only ever 5-8 riders on some sections which was very good considering how many entries there were, the whole day seemed to flow well and observers at every section. Had 3 stupid fives ;) (Dont we all, think Gizza did as well) which pretty much doubled my score but for first time there I was pleased with how it went.

Every section was well marked out and easy to follow, just about every section was flowing and hopping about was kept to a minimum if you prefered not to.

Great Trial ESTC ;) done yourselves proud today

Justin

Edited by Betarev3

Good to see you today, Justin glad you enjoyed it.

The organisers have been getting it right the last few trials and definately looked at the weather forecast, as it P***ed down all day and got the sections spot on, good rides and some bad uns not the same as the Scottish, but back to reality. Fair play to the observers for standing out in the rain all day, in all Job Well Done :banana2:

Good luck with the Sherco Justin, you will have to keep the Beta to go with your Forum Identity..............but I know you really want a 4RT :moon:

Edited by GIZZA5