Reliance Pre 65 Trial

physco

i have just returned form watching the Reliance trial in the hills above buxton derbyshire. what a trial, it remeinded me of trials 30 years ago. any of you lads out there ride in it??

Having got back into Pre-65 only a year ago I never thought I would ever again be precariously poised halfway up "Hawks Nest" on a trials bike 35 years after the first confrontation but there I was yestertday!

What a trial, incredible scenery, trails, classic sections and the weather! It all makes up for the bits of bent bike ,the bruised body bits and the extra bit of touring I did owing to some ramblers (I supect!) moving markers.

The organisation on such a large scale must be epic but from a riders view, superb. Congrats to NG, who I believe went round for a single dab and to my mate PC who lost just five all day (The same as I lost on Hawks Nest alone!) and a big thanks to all the observers and helping onlookers.

AC

Aye, that was me!

... third five of the day! I caught the sprocket on that big step just infront of where you were but nothing broken. The front forks had lost some damping and were bouncing me off line here and there so ended up off the chosen route and thats where the "rock" that did the damage was! I'm full of excuses.. Should all be sorted for Sunday at the Midland Classics trial near Worksop though.