125's On National Expert Line!

copemech

The bikes are tough enough, same running gear and all!

They WILL go if you have the guts to pull the trigger!

It is still to be seen if the 125 will come up short in some cases, but the pilots are aggressive! (and young)!

I happen to agree totally that the 125 is the perfect tool for younger riders, but there are differences in the limited brands available, and the Sherco seems to be the Top of the Lot, power wise and in stock trim! The Gassers will go, but do not seem to have the torque off the bottom, and the Beta's in stock trim work well, but ? For that level of competition may take some mods!

Will we see any 4T's in the 125's? In competition? I seen the Italians had a sleeved down Monty to campaign! The Scorpa? Early on, just after the initial release of it, I witnessed Ray Peters clean every local Master line we had here on one!

It is somewhat Apples and Oranges it seems, and for what purpose! The average kid in the average club will soon be cleaning the Average Rider's clock on a 125 if this keeps up! Much like Patrick!

And I LIKE IT! Good for the sport and the riders alike!

All MHO! :thumbup:

[quote name='copemech' date='Jun 8 2007, 09:07 PM' post='127551'

I happen to agree totally that the 125 is the perfect tool for younger riders, but there are differences in the limited brands available, and the Sherco seems to be the Top of the Lot, power wise and in stock trim! The Gassers will go, but do not seem to have the torque off the bottom, and the Beta's in stock trim work well, but ? For that level of competition may take some mods!

Well said! The Sherco 125's have a lot of all-around power. The Gas Gas' don't produce much bottom end.(Maybe that's why we see 48 sprockets on nearly all of the 125 Gassers!) The Beta's seem to have power, but don't seem to rev up very quickly.

Will we see any 4T's in the 125's? In competition? I seen the Italians had a sleeved down Monty to campaign! The Scorpa? Early on, just after the initial release of it, I witnessed Ray Peters clean every local Master line we had here on one!

It is somewhat Apples and Oranges it seems, and for what purpose! The average kid in the average club will soon be cleaning the Average Rider's clock on a 125 if this keeps up! Much like Patrick!

And I LIKE IT! Good for the sport and the riders alike!

All MHO! :thumbup:

In moto-x the 250 four strokes are run in the 125 class.I wonder when we will see 400cc and up 4 stroke trials bikes?

Bama, do you run pretty much stock bike? Maybe higher compression head for high altitude?

I had a bit of a problem pulling 3rd gear on my earlier model, but when I rode Pat's new one it seemed to do pretty well with the same gearing. Most stuff just stayed in 2'nd and pulled fine off the bottom! Can't do that on a Gasser!

Josh's bike might a well be a single speed, he never uses any thing but 1st gear in the sections anyway. He's riding the Intermediate line an doing very well at it.

His bike will pull in 2nd gear if he needs it, I guess it's because of the guy who broke his bike in!!!