Arthur Bates Trial: Sammy Miller 4th Round

malcra

Very pleasant ride round, sections a little on the easy side, I thought. Still a rather calmer day than the Hill Climb the previous evening.

I added some pics to my "Today's Classic" post, mainly twinshocks.

Edited by hrc1

Nice report Malc, I don't know how you remember it all, let alone put it together.

Very enjoyable day out, great ride round (helped being on the Jumbo which is quick on the road, if I'd been on my C15 I'd have been coming back in the dark....) Yes, gentle sections but that is the nature of the Miller series. Riding a near standard Pre65 would make the sections more of a challenge and a clean ride very unlikely, which is the type of bike it is really intended for, but they are now few and far between in this series - why is that? Sections, with the exception of the first double in the 3rd group (would have been a bit exciting on an original Pre65) are ideal and with 2 routes something for most abilities so where are they all?

clutch was playing up early on, probably getting the clutch disease from Woody's Jumbo, but sorted later (unlike the rider). Sorry about that. Results this morning, didn't come last for a change though :-)

The sections were easy for the good guys, especially on good bikes. It would be great if more riders felt confident / happy / interested *** to come out and ride the Sammy Miller rounds, whatever their ability and see 120 riders entering these great events. It's taken me a couple of years since I've been riding to work out that these are what its all about. I'm glad people run these events and I'm able to enter

*** delete where applicable